Thursday, February 7, 2019

Fantasy Premier League: GW25 Review / GW26 Preview

Super gameweek. I'll try not to bang on about it too much, but it's not often I break the 100 mark. In fact, I think it might be my first time ever.

Gameweek Points: 108
Gameweek Rank: 92,493
Overall Rank: 121,219
(click to enlarge)

My use of the triple captain paid off with Sterling getting me 33 points in total. It was a relief seeing his first assist go in. I could enjoy the rest of the gameweek after that. I didn't do as well as the people who'd captained, or even triple captained Agüero, who brought home 19 points - 57 for anyone who triple captained him. I definitely can't complain though. Especially when compared to the people who stuck the armband on Sané, who gained just the one point. So I've been very lucky really.

It was an overall good performance from my team too. With everyone except Sané and Robertson, both highly owned players anyway, doing something.

Going forward..

For GW26 I'm looking at making two transfers. Pobga back in for David Silva - or possibly Sané. He's up against Azpilicueta this week if he plays, which doesn't bode well. Plus I'll be removing him the week after anyway. So I'll have a think about that one and decide closer to the deadline. Sané also went down injured against Everton in the first half. He continued playing, so it didn't look too serious, but even so it'll be worth waiting for any team news.

The other transfer I'll be making is Kolasinac in for David Luiz. It doesn't feel right taking a player out after he's scored 13 points, but again, he has a tough game against City, then I'd be taking him out anyway for the blank in GW27. So it seems a sensible move.

Chip plans..

I'm also revising my strategy regarding my remaining chips. I was planning on using my free hit in GW32 - one of the double gameweeks. However, looking at the blank of GW31 I think I'm going to struggle to get anywhere near a full eleven the way it's going. The Man Utd v Man City game will almost certainly be a blank as City play League 2 Newport County next. Also, the Spurs v Crystal Palace game looks likely to be a blank as Palace play League 1 Doncaster.

If those two games alone don't feature in GW31 then I'll be down 7 players already, and with just 4 free transfers between GW28 and GW31 it'll be impossible to fix the issue without hits. So unless we see some big shocks in the FA Cup 5th round I think I'll be free hitting in GW31.

In many ways that would probably work out better for me, as my team is much more geared towards the potential doubles in GW32. If I start making changes simply with the blanks in GW31 in mind I'll end up compromising my team just to crowbar players in who have games that week. Whereas if I use my free hit that week I'll just be able to ignore it and keep the ship steady during all the other weeks. It could leave me with some problems going into the blank of GW33 though.

Either way I'll wait to see what happens in the 5th round games before I decide.

Overall Points: 1,487
Overall Rank: 121,219

No comments:

Post a Comment