Thursday, August 22, 2024

GW1: Template Let's Go

So, I had my first template week. This is the team I ended up going with. I saw it on a Let's Talk FPL video; where someone had put together the average affordable Twitter team.

59 points (avg. 57 - very template)

I think this is probably a good approximate of the template, as it was going into that first week. I've seen a few teams with Saka. So that's the one player I feel could be missing. Though that might be more my feeling that he should be in there, as I'd have no doubt had him in there if I was playing normally.

It was a weird first week. As I'd just copied (or tried to copy) the template I didn't feel any emotional investment in the team whatsoever. So it kind of passed me by. Now it's a question of how I continue to follow 'the template' over the next few months. Clearly, different people will now be making different moves, so unless there's an obvious bandwagon, it isn't entirely apparent what I should do.

At the moment my plan is just to roll the transfer. It might be easier to keep to the template with two frees next week.

I've also been thinking that I don't need to be entirely strict now that first week is out of the way. I just need to be mindful of broadly where the template is and not stray too far. So that means sticking with the template formation. Making sure I have the players that almost everyone in the "fpl community" has. Going with the template captain. If I have minor problems that need fixing, or there are marginal decisions about bench players, etc, I can still use that leeway to make my own choices.

The most transferred player in so far this week is Mazraoui. I don't know if that's an fpl thing or more a Man Utd thing at the moment, but with Porro flagged I'll keep an eye on that going into tomorrow.

I am starting to feel it a bit more now as well - that enjoyment is coming back. So hopefully I continue to grow into the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment