Sunday, August 30, 2026

Haaland and Tempo

As I type it's Sunday morning and we're halfway through GW2. The players I own haven't done too badly. Foden two assists. Semenyo one. Isak a goal. It's only van Dijk that's let the side down with a one-pointer. However, in the wider scheme of things I am doing badly ..as I don't own Haaland, nor the twenty-six points his captaincy would've delivered.

So now I'm hoping Fernandes can match him this afternoon. And it's hope rather than expectation.

Consequently, the cogs are turning..

I'm at a crossroads. Do I wildcard to get Haaland? Or do I show more patience and continue Haaland-less?

At the start of the season I mentioned tempo. In the chess sense. I fear if I don't wildcard I'll lose it. That I'll end up too many moves behind. Patience is all well and good, but if there's a clear mistake - and going without Haaland might be a big one - the sooner fixed the better. Especially when Man City have Coventry at home. So why wait?

The problem is, I have another plan. I could just get Cherki.

One transfer. Mbeumo to Cherki. Sememyo, Foden, Cherki against Coventry. Captain Cherki.

It really appeals to the contrarian in me.

I'd then still have two free transfers the week after to get Palmer and Rogers. (With that Haaland money I have the freedom to go big in midfield.)

On top of this, Liverpool have Ipswich next, so I'd like to keep Isak.

I know what I want to do. Is it wise though?

I feel a lot now depends on this Man Utd v Ipswich game. How good Fernandes does or doesn't look. How bad or otherwise Ipswich are.

Thankfully, I'm actually off work this weekend, so I can watch it. Let's hope it's a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment