Tuesday, July 9, 2019

First Draft For 19/20

First draft.

(click to enlarge)

I'll keep it short. I don't want to go overboard as I'll no doubt end up changing it round several times before the season starts.

I've stuck to my plan though. Big on defence, super cheap up top.

I can't imagine many teams will be starting with Billy Sharp as the lone striker 😅 So that no doubt looks a little odd. He is a natural goalscorer though, so perhaps he could nick a few in the Premier League. I think he takes penalties too.

Kanté is a bit of a dull pick, but having went with Sterling, De Bruyne and Salah I'm a little strapped for cash. He is at least pretty much guaranteed to start though, which is quite reassuring given how weak my bench is.

Shane Long and Mason Greenwood are my 2nd and 3rd choice strikers (!) Pretty bad, but cheap is cheap. I'm just hoping Long will get some game time for the weeks he's needed off the bench, and Greenwood is very much a pick based on sheer hope. It's possible he could get some minutes for United, which creates the slight possibility that I may have a United player coming off the bench some weeks.

Guendouzi is a bit of a cliched 4.5m midfield pick. However, looking at the options in that price bracket he still seems like one of the more reliable when it comes to getting minutes on the pitch. Especially given how little I know about the cheaper midfield options for the teams that have came up. Last season he either started and came off, or was benched and came on. So he always seemed to guarantee at least a point, which I guess will have to do for the time being.

It's probably quite obvious why I've picked the defensive players. With them all being high priced it also means I'll easily be able to switch to different options if other players look better. Wan-Bissaka is a bit of a gamble. As are United in general. He'll surely start each game though given the price they've paid for him.

If Zaha goes to Arsenal that could give me a bit of a headache as at 7m he looks great value. As things stand though I'm hoping City will start full throttle and I'll gain the benefit from having both Sterling and De Bruyne. If that doesn't pan out I'll probably downgrade one and re-balance my side.

Again though, still a long time before the season starts, so plenty of tinkering still to go no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment