Thursday, October 26, 2023

On The UP !

I've had two good gameweeks since my bench boost. The first almost entirely down to having Salah captain. The second pretty much my whole team did well.

GW8: 57 points (avg. 44)

GW9: 99 points (avg. 67)

I brought Tsimikas in this week, and Pedro Porro last, so I've strengthened that bench boost backline up. (You can see I suffered a (-1) thanks to still having Al-Dakhil in there in GW8. The keeper didn't do me too many favours either.). It meant I had to forgo bringing in Son as well, but with Mbeumo finally getting me some points it worked out okay.

I'm now probably going to bring in Saka for Mbeumo as we head into GW10. I like this period of the season: the wildcard is out of the way, and it's just a case of keeping the team in trim with a transfer here and there each week. Obviously I would like to own Son and Watkins along with Saka, but given there's little I can do about it there's little point worrying. It's just a case of keeping the good ship sailing.

I'll only really start making long term plans again once we head into double gameweek territory.

My current rank is 454,270 - so much better than where I previously was, around the 1.8m mark.

I've also built up a bit of team value thanks to that early wildcard. I'm currently at 101.6m. That might not sound spectacular to many people, but normally I always tend to have a team value that hovers around the 100m mark. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have an extra 0.5m or so. I think it's because I'm not too good at following the template early on in the season. So weirdly that decision to wildcard and bench boost has paid off more in team value than in bench boost points.

More luck than judgement, but I'm more than happy to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment