Wednesday, January 3, 2024

2024: The Perfect Start

Since my last post things have went pretty well. This week (GW20) looks to be a very minor red arrow, but prior to that it's been green all the way. I'll share the gameweeks below. (Excuse the endless flags as I've only just took the screenshots.)

68 points (-4) (avg. 40)

63 points (-4) (avg. 44)
 
57 points (avg. 36)

50 points (avg. 38)

85 points (avg. 59)

Trent came in this week for Trippier, not that it made much difference. I got lucky bringing in Solanke for the hat-trick.

I've kinda managed getting a good balance between copying others and making my own instinctive judgements. I was really pleased with the 5 points I got for Gordon this week. I very nearly started Senesi instead, but after some thought I realised it would've been far too kneejerk. Gordon (and Trippier) have both been great for me overall, so completely ditching both would be overkill. Especially given Gordon's price. I looked at the Liverpool and Man City fixtures and thought, "Actually, y'know what, playing Gordon in both isn't too bad at all really given his price. And if I get one return over the two games, which is possible, I'll be more than happy."

So with one in the bag already it feels quite good. Weirdly I felt better about that one assist than all of Salah's captaincy returns.

Going Forward

Now we have decisions to make with both Son and Salah off to tournaments and Haaland still missing in action. Fortunately we have a break before the next gameweek, so plenty of time to let things ferment.

I have some ideas, but nothing is set in stone yet. I'll do another post before the deadline hopefully to get into the weeds a bit. We're entering the planning stage with blanks and doubles creeping onto the horizon.

My current rank is: 37,310

My run from GW13 has been really good.



Hopefully I can keep the momentum going in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment