Saturday, April 20, 2024

Double Gameweek 34 - A Few Differentials

As per usual this season, it's been a while since I last posted. That was way back on the cusp of Free Hit GW29 -- which didn't exactly go well: 19 points (average was 12). Every single player blanked, though I did get a tiny green arrow from it.

We're now on the cusp of Double GW34.

In between we've had:

GW30: 50 points (avg. 47)

GW31: 64 points (avg. 46)

GW32: 60 points (avg. 56)

GW33: 74 points (avg. 58)

It's not been great. I've dropped from around 38k to 60k.

It feels like I'm treading water, so could do with a bit of luck and magic as we head into this final run-in.


My Double Team



I'm actually quite happy with this team. I've managed to get a team of doublers without chips or hits. It also has a few differentials.

Semenyo and Mac Allister are players that could do well that are fairly low owned. Obviously there are big minutes worries with Semenyo, especially with him being out recently (his red flag only lifted yesterday). However, he's a player I always really like the look of when I see Bournemouth play. I like having players that are genuine eye test picks, it makes things much more enjoyable. I probably would've had him earlier given his price, were it not for the unavoidable Solanke/Watkins/Haaland front three.

I brought him in for Watkins in GW31, with this double in mind, so I was disappointed to see him absent through injury/flu last week. Hopefully he's coming back at the perfect time.

I also like having Foden. Obviously, it's just the one game, and there's the danger he gets benched for it, but the upside is so nice. It also fits with my plan going forward, which is to use my wildcard in GW37. Essentially as a Free Hit (though with one eye on GW38).

Next week is also a mini-double, with Chelsea and Spurs having two fixtures. I already have Gusto and Palmer. It's possible I could also bring in Nicolas Jackson for Solanke, though it's much more likely I'd be doing Mac Allister to Gordon with my free transfer.

I won't be bringing any Spurs players in. I don't really like the fixtures, so I'm hoping having a 'steady as she goes' team for GW35 & 36 works out as a differential against people that are wildcarding in GW35. Not having Son will be a big concern. Likewise not having Isak could continue to damage me, as it has recently. It's sink or swim now though. Either I get a bit of luck and push on, or my season just fizzles out.

I'm enjoying going against the grain at the moment, but I might not be too keen on fpl for the remainder of the season if things go against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment