Sunday, May 26, 2024

End of Season: Final Rank

It's the end of the season, I almost forgot. Most people post their final rank online on the final day, I'm, as ever, a week late.

It was actually an eventful last couple of gameweeks.

In GW37 I got very lucky, or unlucky, depending on view. I captained Wilson, which was obviously something of a desperate gamble. He missed both games. Meaning Foden came in as my vice captain, with 11 points. I think it was definitely more good luck than bad.

I finished up with 117 points, which was fairly decent, though I still dropped around 20k. Owing to the fact that most others were bench boosting, and the fact that I went against Haaland, who outscored Foden with 15 points.

GW37: 117 points (avg. 83)

Then, however, in GW38, going Foden over Haaland paid off. This was a pretty big week for me - 98 points! The Chris Wood differential working out nicely, with my planned transfer Salah getting a small, but useful 6 points.

GW38: 98 points (avg. 52)

So I ended up with a final rank of 52,925 - which I was very happy with given that I finished GW37 at the 99k mark.

By GW27 I'd climbed up to 32k, so my season definitely tailed off towards the end, but still, overall, 53k is pretty decent (my second highest rank).

Next Season

Next season I'm definitely going to try out the "Template 'til Christmas" experiment, so that should be fun. I like to switch off over the summer though, so I'll come back when we're much closer to the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment