Friday, March 6, 2020

FPL: GW29 Preview - No Idea What To Do

It's not often I go into a gameweek with so little idea of what I want to do. Normally I have quite a strong gut instinct, but this week I really cannot make up my mind. Given the way the FA Cup ties went I've decided to Free Hit in GW31. So that's one thing settled. As for my transfer plans this week though I'm still no closer to deciding.

  • roll a transfer?
  • take a minus 4 to bring in Aubameyang?
  • take a minus 4 to bring in Sterling or Aguero?
  • Digne to Bellerin?
  • Cantwell to Saka?

Very unsure ..and as for captain choice. With De Bruyne yellow-flagged it really is a hard one. Bringing in Aubameyang would solve that, as he's more or less guaranteed to play both games, but it would mean taking out Vardy (at home to Villa) and also downgrading Maddison (probably to Saka).

Saka isn't nailed on to start, and also isn't nailed on for a full 90 when he does. So it's tricky.

I really like the idea of bringing Sterling in and sticking the captaincy on him. That would be a very off-the-wall move, but very much to my tastes. In fact, it's probably the move that would be closest to my "instincts". However, I can't really make that one work because I don't have the funds. I'd have to take out Vardy and put in someone like Ayew, and that's with a minus 4 😶 So that's a no-no.

[I'm now literally just sat staring at my team. What to do??]

It would probably be smart to wait until the morning, but it's Saturday and I know I'll sleep in lol. Plus, if I am up early enough I'll still have bed-head anyway. So my thinking will be as woolly as it is now.

Plus I have a damn blog to write.

I'm also trying to think about gameweeks 30 and 32 as well. I'd definitely like to bring in Fernandes at some point. Ideally in GW32 for Mahrez. They're both the same price currently. So it would be a straight swap. I'll have to make sure I have a few point-ones in the bank though going into that move just to make sure.

So I guess that would leave me a random free transfer to use in GW30. A luxury transfer! Genuinely no idea what I'd do with that.


**************** some time later ****************

Okay, so I've decided what to do. Still not sure it's the right move, but here goes. It's that last, and most boring, option on the above list. Cantwell to Saka. I can just bench Digne then get the extra game from Saka (hopefully). The Digne game away to Chelsea isn't particularly great. So I guess it makes sense.

And I've decided I'm going to be brave and stick the armband on De Bruyne. What can possibly go wrong? 😵

(4-4-2 . standard .)

No comments:

Post a Comment