Wednesday, March 4, 2020

GW28 Review: Do I Have To?

Really didn't like that gameweek. It started out badly when Vardy didn't start, then went downhill from there. I felt so optimistic at the beginning as well.
"I've just spent the entire week waiting to transfer Vardy in. So it's a relief to finally get that done and start the gameweek proper."
I guess you have to laugh 😄 If I'd have waited about another hour I would've been able to react to some of the reports coming out before the deadline doubting his fitness. I suppose it's a lesson going forward showing the value of waiting 'til the absolute last minute. Though saying that I'm so cautious I always think "..but what if the website crashes before the deadline and I can't make my transfers!!". So it can go either way I suppose. You never know when the Internet will go down 😨 I guess I can just put it down as a little bit of bad luck.

All in all it wasn't too bad however, and could've been much worse.


Gameweek Points: 27
Gameweek Rank: 3,258,346
Overall Rank: 222,762
(click to enlarge)

One above the average, but still a bit of a rank drop.

Jimenez and Dubravka really saved me. Everyone else did pretty appallingly. Though Cantwell's three looks massive in hindsight.

Fortunately the Liverpool defeat damaged everyone fairly equally, so it was a good week to have a bad week as they say. I'm now just waiting for these FA Cup ties to get sorted so we have a full GW31 picture. Liverpool lost again today, with a weakened team, so that means three more players for that week. Injuries and rotations permitting.

Sheffield United and Newcastle both went through, which means Dubravka is definitely out. As it now stands I have a potential eight players for GW31. Three Liverpool, two Wolves and the three free-transfers.

If Leicester get knocked out tomorrow - which is unlikely as they play Birmingham - then that would take me up to a full eleven. Likewise if Spurs beat Norwich that will push me up to ten (Digne and Cantwell then being available). So I'll be watching tomorrow's ties quite closely. If I have ten or eleven players (or even 13 if both ties go my way o_O ) then I can get through GW31 without a chip. Just eight though and I'll probably free hit.

Double Gameweek 29

We also have a double in GW29 now. With Man City playing Arsenal & United, and Arsenal facing City & West Ham. I'm quite nicely set with Mahrez and De Bruyne already. It would be nice to add another player though. Again however, it all depends on what my plans will be for GW31. Arsenal and Man City will definitely blank that week, so it's an either/or situation.

I'm intuitively hoping that the fixtures go my way tomorrow. In a way though it doesn't really matter too much. If I can ride through GW31 unscathed then great, but if I'm free hitting then that means I can get back to my natural game and start having fun with my free transfers. I wouldn't mind taking out the yellow-flagged Digne to bring in Bellerin. Everton's games are pretty poor, so with Arsenal having two games that would be a cheeky little move. We'll wait and see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment