Friday, September 16, 2022

FPL Gamemonth September: We Finally Got There

All Queenly detours aside this is how I eventually went on the wildcard.


As I type Fulham are currently 3-1 up, but Mitrovic has nothing. It's typical of course given I missed all his previous returns, but I was expecting it. This is just what the fpl gods do to us.

With GW12 now being a blank I'll probably have to make that the week I choose for Gamemonth October too. So much for the degree of flexibility. I'll have to take Martinelli out just to get a full eleven out, and that's assuming no other issues arise.

It may have been foolish given the blank to go with three City plus Martinelli, but City are so good I want three both before and after the blank.

As you can see Haaland is captain. This feels like the super sensible choice, but things are rarely that simple. I was very tempted to stick with Son. I like the Spurs fixtures, but I feared it was sentiment getting the better of me. (How can you go against Haaland at this point?)

Originally I had Luis Diaz instead of Kulusevski before the postponements. I'm planning on heading back in that direction in October (transfers allowing). I did have James in place of Trippier too. So the effective cancellation of GW7 has changed my team slightly, but only in a few positions.

Almiron is my little bench punt (an extravagance afforded by these forced downgrades). Obviously I'll need him for certain this week, so hopefully he plays and looks involved (I've actually made zero effort to check if he's even nailed on to start, so I hope I don't have cause to regret my laziness. I think he should be okay though.)

Oh, and before I go - the keepers. I know, I know, Ward has been dreadful, but the price is irresistible and I really needed that cash to shore up my team. Surely Leicester can't continue to be that bad in defence. So it's a beggars can't be choosers situation for me. I'm in no position to be going for luxury keeper options.

The Forest v Fulham game has now finished. Fulham won 3-2. Impressive start to the wildcard. Toney will probably blank too now. Pereira did pick up a yellow though, so with luck I've missed his one-pointer.

No comments:

Post a Comment