Sunday, September 3, 2023

The Rescue Blues

I feel I need to round off that last post by making note of Liverpool's late goal against Newcastle, with it finishing 2-1 to Liverpool's ten men. This week there's been some late drama as well, though more in regard my own team. Yesterday I didn't do particularly well, and aside from having Haaland captain (thank God) I didn't pick up too many points. Leaving me well below average. However, today things picked up a little, and my all Arsenal/Man Utd midfield bumped me up a bit.

So, still a poor-ish week, but potentially it could've been worse.

(75 points in all)

Last week I brought in Gusto and Wissa with my two free transfers. They didn't do much, but I was a point better off for the moves in the end, so I can't complain. Likewise I somehow managed to sneak a save point from Ederson. I lost the clean sheet again, but somehow that one point makes it feel like a minor win.

I still feel that we don't quite have the full picture on how the Premier League is shaping up just yet. Chelsea looked good last week (albeit against Luton), but poor this time out. My views on Newcastle have changed a little with another defeat on the bounce. Obviously Son and Maddison stand out massively now, but there are a few tricky fixtures on the horizon. A third City player would be handy too.

It's annoying we now have the international break. It seems a waste of time putting too much thought into things when so much can change in a few weeks. I'm set up fairly solidly for GW5, so I'm planning on a transfer roll.

I need to remind myself of last season's gamemonth management - relax, don't change things needlessly, have a little faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment