(Ignore the fifteen points from De Cuyper on my bench ..I'm trying to. Obviously it was a mistake not to play him. Though I don't regret it, as I genuinely thought Davis had the better fixture. I thought Sunderland away would be a difficult tie. This is one of the problems with relying too much on the eye test. Sunderland impressed me a lot against Arsenal, and that one game probably weighed more heavily on my judgement than it should've done. So it was a mistake, but it was my own call. Ipswich won and Sunderland weren't exactly a walkover. Meaning it wasn't that bad of a mistake. Plus, I am an eye test guy, and that's how I play. So I can live with it.)
What I can't live with is the wider failure.
Having Fernandes, Isak and Gabriel instead of Haaland just hasn't paid off.
Isak: Unlucky, as it's an injury. Though, saying that, he had injury problems last season so it's not hugely surprising.
Gabriel: So far he just hasn't offered any of the extras that he offered last season to justify the price.
Fernandes: Manchester United look terrible.
I caught the second half of yesterday's game. They looked like relegation contenders. In fact, I missed the first half as I was on my way home from the Riverside. It was my club's - Middlesbrough's - 150 year anniversary. Our history isn't quite as illustrious as United's, but the football was certainly better. I wouldn't trade a single United player for Will Lankshear.
Anyway, back to my team..
It'll be a relief to finally bring Haaland in. I was tempted to do it last night, but with today's (Sunday's) games to go, plus midweek fixtures, I need to wait. I'm also not sure whether to use two transfers or all three. If I make three I'll be able to ditch Gabriel to use the cash to get a more expensive midfielder. However, if I do that I'll have a benching headache.
I could bench boost, the problem is Davis would be playing Man City. So I haven't quite found the right solution yet. It might be wiser to get a cheap mid and save the transfer.
We'll see where we are.

No comments:
Post a Comment