Tuesday, September 15, 2020

43 Points: Patience is Paramount.

Well, not a great start. Not owning Salah, let alone not captaining him, hitting me hard. I'm actually not too unhappy with my start though oddly. The only real annoyance is that I captained TAA and not Aubameyang. Feels like a rookie mistake in hindsight. It only cost me six points though, so I think the psychological damage is worse than the actual points hit lol

Gameweek Points: 43
Gameweek Rank: 3,450,231
Overall Rank: 3,450,231

No Salah and three Liverpool at the back obviously didn't pay off this week, but going forward I still feel confident. Trent Alexander-Arnold had a mare (he did miss the Community Shield though, so perhaps I should've taken that into consideration before captaining him). However, Robertson and Van Dijk looked very useful going forward, if not defensively. Van Dijk scored and had one disallowed. Every set piece he looked dangerous. So I have no worries owning them going forward. I'll just need my midfielders to start matching Salah.

I'm tempted to go Son to Fernandes this week (Spurs looked dreadful), but I might hold off with the transfers until GW3. It would be nice to see United and City play first.

The silver lining for GW1 was Bamford. Seeing him score was pretty sweet. Of course, it's just one game, so we'll wait and see if he can keep it up. The next game against Fulham looks quite nice though. I would've had a few more points on the board if I'd have trusted my instinct and went with Jiménez over Werner too. To be fair Werner looked decent yesterday, but I thought Chelsea were a little lucky overall. I think 3-1 flattered them a bit. I  might avoid the rest of their players until I see more.

Obviously it was a bit disappointing that my third attacker, Mitrović, didn't start. However, he looked a cut above the other Fulham attackers when he came on. So I think he'll most certainly be starting games going forward. So I'm happy to keep him for the immediate future. If he (or Bamford) does poorly I might move to Callum Wilson, who looked very decent. If both do well I could even consider downgrading Werner to Wilson to then go very big across midfield. De Bruyne, Sterling and Fernandes would be nice :D

No rush to be making any decisions though. Patience is paramount.

No comments:

Post a Comment