Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Made my transfers :/

Very nice haul this gameweek. Back in the saddle. The patience paid off.

Gameweek Points: 85
Gameweek Rank: 512,674
Overall Rank: 1,155,870

Son went very big. I wasn't expecting that at all. In fact, during the first half of the game I was thinking about taking him out because Spurs looked so bad. Very bizarre two halves of football looking back. He's staying now though :)

Liverpool three at the back worked out nicely (though very luckily).

And Bamford and Mitrović, well, that's some very tidy returns for two very cheap options. I need to make sure my expectations are lowered back down now as we come to the next few games.

Finally, the Aubameyang assist, though not overwhelmingly impressive, I was very pleased with. Especially coming on the heels of my blank captaincy last week.

Anyway, onto this week..

I made my two transfers last night. Normally I would wait, but I saw De Bruyne was due a price rise last night so I pulled the trigger early. It was a bit impulsive, but I pretty much had my mind set on the transfers by Sunday night, and last night's City performance only confirmed it further.

I went;

Saint-Maximin --> De Bruyne

&

Werner --> Calvert-Lewin

Obviously the Werner transfer could come back to bite me. What with Chelsea being away at a leaky-looking West Brom. However, I feel like I only have Werner in my team based on fear and hype. The two Chelsea performances so far leaving little impression on me. Conversely having seen Everton I feel like I really need a way into their attack, and I think Calvert-Lewin looks like the best option. The service he's getting from James Rodríguez, Allan and Digne is looking unbelievable at the moment. If that continues I want the player that's on the end of all that.

Downgrading Werner also meant I had enough cash to upgrade to De Bruyne. So there was a double plus. I can now leave Aubameyang in my side for at least one more gameweek. Potentially bringing in Sterling alongside De Bruyne for the Leeds game.

I'm looking like this at the moment going into GW3.


Overall Points: 128
Overall Rank: 1,155,870

No comments:

Post a Comment