Monday, January 25, 2021

GW19: Double Gameweek Review

I guess I should be pretty pleased with my week. For some reason though it feels a little average, even though I broke the 100 barrier and got a nice rank rise. I think the blanks from both Wilson and my Liverpool players in those last two games have dampened my elation maybe.

I also have no idea what I'm going to do next.

Gameweek Points: 109
Gameweek Rank: 504,463
Overall Rank: 156,371

The Bench Boost

My bench boost paid off quite nicely. Anyone reading may think it's cheating a little to include Antonio in my bench points and not Wilson or Bamford. However, I took a (-4) specifically to bring in Antonio for the bench boost. So if I wasn't bench boosting I would've just went with the first eleven on screen and not took a hit.

Consequently I ended up with 29 (- 4). Meaning a net bench boost of 25 points. Which I'm very happy with. The 8 points from Lookman especially was a bonus. I literally only brought him in with this week in mind, so it was very lucky that he delivered.

Even the 3 points from Johnstone and Taylor weren't too bad. I was going to leave in McCarthy and change Taylor to Yedlin - the only 'playing' defender with two games I could've afforded - to get the 0.1m needed to bring in Antonio. In the end McCarthy got just the 1 point and Yedlin didn't play at all. So in a weird way I'm 2 points up on that one.

The First Eleven

As for the team itself my defence did very tidily, but the rest was fairly average.

It once again illustrated how reliable Fernandes is though. Even with slightly worse fixtures he still matched or outscored De Bruyne and Salah.

That wasn't hard to be fair 😄 Still though, he's my default captain from now on.

Going Forward

Going forward I really have no idea what I'm doing. It would be nice to have a City attacker going into these next few games, but I'd either have to lose Salah (not as scary as it once seemed) or take a hit. So I think I'll just leave things as is and hope for the best.

We also have all the future blanks and doubles to worry about, which I haven't even considered yet. Rolling a transfer is therefore probably a sensible move.

I'll also need to decide whether to start Coufal or Soucek before tomorrow's deadline. Currently Coufal is in, but it really is six and two threes.

Overall Points: 1176
Overall Rank: 156,371

No comments:

Post a Comment