Friday, January 29, 2021

GW20 Review ..plus transfers for GW21

Well, GW20 felt quite average for me, but I ended up with a very nice rank boost.

Gameweek Points: 59
Gameweek Rank: 851,174
Overall Rank: 114,140

The average was 42. I was expecting my benching of Soucek to have damaged me more, but it didn't. I said in my last post that it was "six and two threes" between Soucek and Coufal. In the end it was 14 points 😭

I did get quite lucky with the Trent Alexander-Arnold returns though. I missed the game, so I still have no idea how Liverpool even played, let alone how well Trent did. It's one of those where I was just happy to see the points. It really took my gameweek from average to decent.

The Cancelo returns were slightly less surprising, though I was beginning to wonder if attacking returns would ever come. Hopefully the dam has burst now.

Moving on to GW21..

I'm currently just putting the finishing touches to this week's team.

Gündogan and Mitchell in, Coufal and Lookman out.

It's a bit sad to see Coufal go, I'd have liked to hold him, but I need the cash. I may have missed the boat slightly with Gündogan, so I'm psychologically preparing myself for a blank this week. It's the smart move though. He looks really sharp and Man City do too. So it's best not to be too clever and to just go with the obvious move.

I'm going to slap the captaincy on him as well 😬


I've also finally started looking at the upcoming blanks and doubles. It's still too early to have a real plan, but I at least have a picture now. I think it means I'm going to have little leeway in making any ideal moves. It's going to be more a case of ticking as many fixture boxes as possible.

Lastly I've updated my graph.


This is the highest I've ever been at this point in the season so I'm very happy. Just need to keep the trajectory in the right direction now.

Overall Points: 1235
Overall Rank: 114,140

No comments:

Post a Comment