Tuesday, April 27, 2021

GW33 (Much Needed) Review

Terrible gameweek. The sort of gameweek that makes you want to give up playing seriously and just start rolling the dice.

Gameweek Points: 33 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 4,806,544
Overall Rank: 208,883

33 with a minus 4. Ouch.

It's pretty clear now that I made a big mistake not bringing in Salah on the wildcard. Ideally I should've brought him in for Fernandes, though it's easy saying that in hindsight, and I would've never seriously considered losing Fernandes at the time. Still though, I should've most definitely brought Salah in somehow. I knew it was a big risk going without him at the time and it's most certainly proved that way.

The last minute goals from Newcastle (both the one that did count and one that didn't) were pretty galling to watch. A clean sheet would've made such a difference. However, it wouldn't have been deserved in the slightest. Liverpool were pretty appalling defensively and my hopes that they'd step things up a bit in this final run of games are looking a little dashed.

Also having brought in Vardy last week I'm now heading into GW34 without Kane, who'll no doubt be most captained this time round. I could do a straight swap back for Vardy, which would probably be sensible, but currently I'm thinking differently. I have just enough cash to move Raphinha on for Bale. I like this, but it would mean captaining Son. So again, I'm going against the grain.

With literally just five weeks left the Top 100k is looking quite far beyond my reach. Especially given I've put myself in a position where I'm blocked from getting Salah by having Phillips sat on my bench.

Hopefully Salah won't damage me too much this week with Liverpool having United. So I at least have another week to consider how to rejig things, and if another (-4) is necessary.

A good week this week would be most welcome now.

Also I've finally updated the graph. Treading water much.


Overall Points: 2041
Overall Rank: 208,883

No comments:

Post a Comment