Saturday, September 11, 2021

GW4 - *Minus 4*

Firstly, and belatedly, my GW3 points.

Gameweek Points: 73
Gameweek Rank: 452,400
Overall Rank: 465,186

It was really pleasing to see Digne, Pickford and Wan-Bissaka get me some points. It makes a huge difference. My transfers didn't pay off as both Lukaku and Benrahma blanked, and Toney nabbed a goal. However, I'm still happy with the moves going forward, so hopefully they'll be a net gain over the next few weeks.

This week (GW4) I've taken a minus 4 to make two more changes.

Son and Tsimikas out.
Jota and Duffy in.

Obviously with Son flagged it forced my hand a little. I'm always annoyed when I have to take a points hit, but this minus 4 does at least feel justified. I really wanted Jota -- he's the one player I feel I need (I'm going to wait and see with Ronaldo).

Of course, to bring in Jota I needed to remove Tsimikas too, as he was blocking that third Liverpool slot. I was gonna have to do this at some point anyway though. Plus, I wasn't too keen on playing Ayling against Liverpool this week, so I can pop Duffy in with his slightly nicer fixture.

And I'm going with Lukaku captain.

It was a difficult decision this week picking a captain. As I now type I'm beginning to feel like I should've just defaulted with Salah. Aston Villa at home with no Martinez makes sense though, so hopefully Lukaku will click into gear for Chelsea and get me some returns.


Finally, a few thoughts on Ronaldo..

For me, at least for the time being, it's going to be Lukaku or Ronaldo. Not both ..and as I already have Lukaku it'll probably be staying like that whilst Chelsea's fixtures are good.

The way I see it is; if you're wildcarding to get both, then you're gambling that both will do well. Whereas if you just have the one you'll only need one to hit their potential, and it doesn't even matter that much which one as you can just switch to whichever is firing without tearing your team up.

Plus you still have the wildcard just in case both do start living up to expectations.

If you have both though, and no wildcard, then if one isn't looking great, or gets injured, etc, then you're going to lack flexibility. (Though Kane would potentially be an option).

All that being said though, Ronaldo is Ronaldo, and if he hits the ground running it could be curtains for me not having him. Even just for a few weeks. Especially with 28% of teams now already owning him!

Overall Points: 232
Overall Rank: 465,186

No comments:

Post a Comment