Saturday, March 19, 2022

GW29: Survived Without Salah

We're halfway through GW30 and I still haven't posted 29's score.

Gameweek Points: 87
Gameweek Rank: 1,980,861
Overall Rank: 115,373

I gambled on continuing without Salah and it paid off, with TAA outscoring him by 3 points. This was quite lucky, what with Salah picking up that slight injury in the first game. So I survived just about, and ended up with just a minor red arrow.

Anyway, moving quickly on I've used my first Free Hit this week.

This is how it's looking so far:


I gambled on a Wolves clean sheet, and that clearly hasn't paid off. I don't have too many regrets though, if they'd have kept one it would've been nearly 20 points straight out the gate. So I thought it was worth the punt.

I then picked up two more blanks from today's Villa/Arsenal match.

It would be fair to say the free hit hasn't worked out so far. However, I like to keep things simple. This was a blank gameweek. If I pick up a few more points than most other players by using it then I'll be happy. Even with just 18 points on the board I'm on a green arrow, albeit a small one. So it's good enough, if dull.

I'm a little more worried about my team for GW31 at the moment. I need to bring in Salah, but Jimenez is out and Trent is flagged. Meaning I'm considering a minus 4 (or 8 even). Something I do not want to do.

Luckily we have a bit of a wait until the GW31 deadline, so hopefully I'll have more information and a clear plan of action by then.

Overall Points: 1900
Overall Rank: 115,373

No comments:

Post a Comment