Saturday, April 16, 2022

GW32 - Always Late

I'm always falling behind with these blog posts. I can't remember how many times I've been reviewing one gameweek after the next one's already started. GW32 seems ages ago, especially now I have my last free hit active in GW33. Anyway..

Gameweek Points: 73
Gameweek Rank: 816,654
Overall Rank: 57,899

I had Son captain - so that was my huge bit of fortune, and propelled me up another 10k or so. Other than that it was a little flat, showing how massive the captaincy is when you get it right.

This week I've been endlessly tinkering with my free hit. I ended up going like this: with Fernandes captain.


I quite like the set up, though I'm not especially confident about the Fernandes captain pick. My instinct said to go with Salah, but the double gameweek pull overrode that. I'm also a little worried that going without Trent Alexander-Arnold could punish me. In fact, I had to remove Trent to get Fernandes, so if Trent hauls and Fernandes does very little it'll be doubly frustrating.

A goal from United in that Liverpool tie would be very useful for me.

GW34

As for GW34 I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to lose Son to bring in Salah. I've been racking my brain trying to find a way to keep Son, but there's no route that makes sense, so I've just had to reduce it to who I need more. I think Salah is a must own for this final run in, so he gets the nod.

Though saying that, I've just had a little play around with my team (the game has literally just updated) - I had a little more money in my bank than I thought !. So it's possible to get Salah without losing Son (just about) with a minus 4. So now I'm not too sure. Surely I'll keep Son, but it would mean downgrading either Coutinho or Calvert-Lewin to a non-playing bench option. Decisions.

Overall Points: 2105
Overall Rank: 57,899

No comments:

Post a Comment