Saturday, April 23, 2022

GW33: Not Great, But Another Green Arrow

Not quite as late this week too. I'm managing to post in the early hours of Friday night/Saturday morning, before the GW34 deadline.

Gameweek Points: 76
Gameweek Rank: 2,086,774
Overall Rank: 55,085

My GW33 free hit was a little disappointing. I totally got the captaincy wrong. My instinct said Salah, so I should've really stuck with that. I was too tempted by the double gameweek glory though. In fact, what finally swung me was seeing the "expected points". I saw a tweet with Fernandes top, followed by Ronaldo, then Maddison. At that point I'd already switched the captaincy to Ronaldo, but seeing that - along with the knowledge that Fernandes was more likely to get both starts - made me think:

"Damn, I better go with the robot."

So I flipped things round, brought in Che Adams (which clearly didn't work out), and brought in Fernandes (originally I had Cornet in that slot).

Had I have stuck with Ronaldo I'd have had a great week. However, that would've been fairly lucky, as I wasn't feeling that pick either. Again, I should've stuck with my instinct and went with Salah.

Saying all this, it wasn't all bad, and I did get another green arrow, albeit a small one. The Newcastle clean sheet really saving me in the end.

GW34

Moving on to GW34 I've took a minus 4:

Son has became Salah
Calvert-Lewin has became Werner

I'm not happy about taking a hit, however, with Calvert-Lewin injured and Chelsea having a double it makes sense.

Also I'm starting Douglas Luiz. It's a coin toss between him, Konsa and Maupay. I'm guessing Maupay is now out of favour, and I can see Leicester scoring, so I'm hoping this is the week Luiz can chip in with a goal or an assist. I'm expecting two points, but it's a nice little differential to add to the weekend's excitement.

It was also a coin toss between Sanchez and Pope too. I've gone Sanchez. Mainly because I fancy Brighton to have the slightly better prospect of a clean sheet


And this time I will be captaining Salah.

Overall Points: 2181
Overall Rank: 55,085

No comments:

Post a Comment