Friday, April 29, 2022

GW34: On the slide

Another bad week. I'm really beginning to fear for my top 100k finish. I was starting to look up towards the top 50k, or perhaps even higher !, but I think that was a little premature. The battle is now on for respectability.

Gameweek Points: 49 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 5,006,527
Overall Rank: 72,424

It's quite fitting really. I need a top 100k finish so I can have a good barometer to measure next season against. I'm doing gamemonths instead of gameweeks next season (I'll explain this more fully in coming posts).

My record so far in fpl is respectable and consistent, if not spectacular. So I'll take the average of my five season history (which includes this season) and use that to see how much I drop off next season. If I even do - who knows, perhaps I'll even do better.


I don't think there's too much to say about this gameweek. It was quite dull and disappointing. A disappointment that was compounded by the fact that my "coin toss" decisions didn't work out. With both Pope and Konsa comfortably outscoring Sanchez and Luiz. It would've been a good week to bench boost, though in hindsight choosing Sanchez over Pope feels like a rookie mistake.

GW35

Going forward I'm thinking of just rolling a transfer. Saka is flagged, but with it just being a knock I'm happy to leave him in there. We'll see if there's any team news tomorrow that changes that.


In fact, I'm currently thinking I could roll a transfer next week too, in spite of the doubles. I think I should be set up fairly well for that one, so I might just keep things simple. I also really like the idea of having two free transfers for the final gameweek. Though I think it really is optimistic to think I could hold a transfer through two double gameweeks.

Overall Points: 2226
Overall Rank: 72,424

No comments:

Post a Comment