Monday, March 4, 2019

Gameweek 29 Review

Bad week? Good week? I can't really decide. Just the one point above the average, with a small rank drop and a lowly total of 41. However, it feels like quite a decent performance, and I can't help but feel it could have been much, much worse.

Gameweek Points: 41
Gameweek Rank: 2,854,136
Overall Rank: 109,436
(click to enlarge)

Weirdly the thing that annoyed me the most about this week was my goalkeeper disaster. I've took a strange pride in getting decent, consistent returns from my keepers, and this is the first time I've failed to get a single point. My first choice, Guaita, was dropped in place of Hennessey, then my bench option of Dubravka came in with another zero - conceding two goals and picking up a yellow card 😠 Even a point would've been great this week, but it was not to be. I'm guessing Guaita is now second choice to Hennessey, unless it was some kind of run out for Hennessey ahead of Crystal Palace's upcoming FA Cup tie. Dubravka's games are quite decent though, so it's no major worry.

The big success of this week was once again that Salah blanked. A big haul from Salah this week could've killed me with my unimpressive points total. It also meant that my captaining of Sterling didn't cost me. In fact, considering I could've went with Pogba six points from Sterling seems like a hefty tally.

Another success was Vardy, scoring once again - and getting some bonus points again! Jiménez was even more impressive. However, with him being so highly owned his hauls never quite bring the same satisfaction. His value is truly unbelievable though, and I should really be more appreciative of having him in my team.

Looking forward to GW30 I'm looking at making two transfers. My plan is to make two this week, then a mighty three (!) the week after, which will hopefully give me a full eleven for the blanks of GW31 and GW33. As it stands I'm going to take out Pogba and Son, to bring in Mané and Maddison. I'm mildly worried about taking Pogba out, so I could leave that one until next week too. Pogba is away to Arsenal, whereas Mané plays at home to Burnley. On paper the Burnley game looks far more attractive. However, Burnley can be quite dogged, whereas Arsenal can be quite open. So it's a real judgement call.

Another option I have is to move my Alderweireld to Azpilicueta transfer forward a week. It's a bit of a sideways move, but I'm not really too keen on the Spurs fixture away to Southampton. Spurs look a little tired and lacklustre at the moment, whereas Southampton seem to be playing with a real intensity under Hasenhüttl. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Southampton score in that one. I'm also thinking about bringing in a Liverpool defender instead of Azpilicueta, and then bringing in Higuaín instead of Firmino for GW31. So it's all completely up in the air.

I have decided to continue to go Salah-less even during gameweeks 31 and 33 though 😦 ..unless there's some really big injury news between now and then that is.

Fortunately, I don't have to make any of the other decisions until at least the weekend, so I can leave it for the time being. They could be quite important decisions, so it's perhaps worth waiting.

Overall Points: 1,699
Overall Rank: 109,436

No comments:

Post a Comment