Saturday, May 11, 2019

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 38 Preview

It looks like Camarasa is almost certainly out, so I think I'll take a minus 4 to take out both him and Son. What an exciting way to end the season.

So, the question then is who do I bring in? I've decided I'm only going to look at two teams - City and Liverpool. The two teams with something very much to play for. The two teams that are very much out in front - and therefore it stands to reason most likely to win their games and score goals.

Brighton vs Man City just doesn't really appeal to me. It feels like a 1-0 to City. Brighton normally frustrate teams, and City haven't been especially free-scoring recently. Saying that though City could easily win this one 6-0 and romp to the title. Bernardo Silva looks like the best option. Pretty much guaranteed to play and with attacking threat. He would probably be the sensible choice for one of my transfers. Again though, I'm just not feeling this one.

The Liverpool vs Wolves game on the other hand looks very promising. Two attacking teams. At Anfield, which should be absolutely bouncing after midweek. Liverpool in good goal-scoring form. I'm really hoping for a goal-fest.

So at the moment I'm looking at bringing in two more Liverpool midfielders. Which would make a triple-up with Mané. Sadly I can't afford Salah, so it'll have to be two lesser options. No one seems really nailed on in the Liverpool midfield positions. So whoever I go for it'll be a bit of a gamble. I'm currently thinking Shaqiri and Wijnaldum. Two players that could easily start on the bench, but the two that seem to offer the most attacking threat.

Wijnaldum tends to be involved in games, if not always from the start. Shaqiri is more of a wildcard. I'm hoping that with Firmino out they'll need his creativity though, even if it's just off the bench. He looked good midweek against Barcelona. His passing was a little sloppy at times, but he played well and had goal involvement. He even looked fired-up as he was subbed late in the game. So hopefully he'll be pumped up for this one.

Wijnaldum came on at half-time midweek so should also be fresh. He should be on a high after his two goals as well. Though it would probably be a little optimistic to expect anything similar this week. He's not a prolific scorer of goals by any stretch of the imagination.

Gündogan would perhaps be a better selection, as he looks almost certain to start with Fernandinho out for City. His price would allow me to also get Shaqiri too. So I could have a safe option and a little flutter. The City game just looks boring though and I already have Sterling and Laporte to cover that one.

So it's instinct versus common sense. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to make up my mind. I'll post my team line-up below when I make the transfers :)


****************

Couldn't wait til Sunday morning. Done 'em now (Saturday evening). Gündogan and Shaqiri in. What swung it for me was the thought of City getting an early goal. No doubt they'll come out the traps flying. If they get an early goal then the floodgates could open. So I've hedged my bets.

Hopefully it's a good decision. I'm inside the top 50k at the moment. So a final good week would be great. Top 100k was my primary target and would be a successful season for me, and an improvement on last year. However, now I'm this high up anything lower than 50k will feel a bit disappointing. So fingers crossed.

(GW38 line-up)

No comments:

Post a Comment