Tuesday, May 7, 2019

FPL: GW37 Review

I'm gonna call this one a solid week. Two points below the average. Could've been much worse.

Gameweek Points: 46
Gameweek Rank: 3,518,071
Overall Rank: 43,561
(GW37 points)

Oddly I dropped precisely a thousand places;

(click to enlarge)

I was very pleased with Aubameyang picking up points. It was a gamble going that way with the armband, but it turned out to be the correct decision. Pretty much rescued my entire week. Sokratis sadly didn't do so well - a yellow card for diving 😅 One more week for him to redeem himself. Though to be fair he actually didn't play that badly. Plus Wan-Bissaka just got the one point as well so there was no real damage done.

Thanks to Son's red card I'm now going to have to take him out for someone else. I'm really not sure who to go with at the moment, so I'll wait until the weekend to make a decision there. I'm hoping Camarasa will recover from his injury - it was frustrating him coming off so early. If he's back it'll give me some leeway with my transfer as I'm expecting a little bit of rotation in this final round of games.

Reflection

I think a mistake I've made in this final run in came with the wildcard in GW34. I think I put too much hope in players that had double gameweeks and as a consequence dropped some players that I would've otherwise thought of as season keepers.

So I'm going to look at the points hauls of the players I went with versus the players I maybe should've went with over these past four weeks. (I'll add GW38's points to tally as well to give a complete picture next week).

[Update 14/5/19 - last gameweek points shown in brackets]

The players I brought in on the wildcard primarily because of double games;

Dunk: 0, 1, 6, 2, 2, 1, (0) - Total: 12 (12)
Duffy: 0, 1, 6, 2, 2, 2, (0) - Total: 13 (13)
Murray: 1, 2, 2, 1, 5, 9, (6) - Total: 20 (26)
Camarasa: 1, 6, 2, 3, 1, (0) - Total: 13 (13)
Gunn: 2, 1, 3, 1, 0, (2)- Total: 7 (9)
Valery: 2, 0, 1, 4, 1, (2) - Total: 8 (10)
Deeney: -2, 0, 0, 0, 2, (2) - Total: 0 (2)

Players in the season keeper bracket that didn't have double games that I may have otherwise went with;

Robertson: 6, 6, 14, 1, (6) - Total: 27 (33)
Luiz: 1, 1, 2, 15, (6) - Total: 19 (25)
Alexander-Arnold: 8, 11, 10, 10, (15) - Total: 39 (54)
Salah: 8, 6, 19, 7, (3) - Total: 40 (43)
Mané: 9, 3, 13, 2, (15) - Total: 27 (42)
Hazard: 2, 7, 2, 11, (1) - Total: 22 (23)
Azpilicueta: 0, 4, 2, 6, (6) - Total: 12 (18)

I think those numbers speak for themselves really. Even with the extra game(s) the double game options underscored the top options by quite a mark. Murray was the top option for the first group - and I benched him for his one big tally of 9 points 😑

Obviously there's also a huge price difference between the first and second group so that's worth remembering too. However, I would've easily been able to go with a couple of players from the second group without too much trouble. The players I would've most likely went with were Robertson - who did very nicely, and then either Luiz or Azpilicueta who both fared a little worse. Hazard has been a big favourite of mine this season, so it's perhaps likely I'd have kept him too were it not for my double gameweek hysteria.

So this little analysis suggests that next season it may be wise to keep one or two players if a similar wildcard situation occurs. I'll add it to my list of rules. We still have one final round of games to go though. So I'll take that into consideration too. No doubt it'll just stress the above results even further.

Now I just need to think about my final transfer this season.

Overall Points: 2,253
Overall Rank: 43,561

No comments:

Post a Comment