Friday, May 3, 2019

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 37 Preview

I do like a sense of poetry. So I think I'll be bringing Sokratis back in for these last two games. I brought him in earlier in the season, trying to be a little too clever, and it turned out to be a huge mistake.

I transferred him in for GW6 - during which he got a yellow card, then came off injured after 38 minutes. He then sat it out on my bench until GW10 when I took him out for a minus 4.

It's hard to tell just how many points this piece of bad judgement cost me. I'm sure I've made bigger mistakes points wise this season. However, the sheer bad judgement of bringing him in means he's been the bar against which all other bad judgement has been measured this season. It was a pretty left of field move though, and the sort of move I do enjoy making. So it's a mistake I'm somewhat fond of in a weird sort of way.

Perhaps there's something of my own style summed up in the decision.


(A nice differential ..or a dismal end to the season?)

Obviously with Arsenal playing in the Europa League it's a little bit of a risky decision to bring him back. Perhaps even silly. Plus they're fairly leaky at the back. However, they do have a nice game at home to Brighton, then a very winnable looking game away to Burnley. They looked very decent last night in their 3-1 win over Valencia too.

On top of this I also have exactly the right amount of cash to bring him in for Duffy, so it feels like it's fated that he should come in.

As I mentioned in the last article Wan-Bissaka would be the sensible choice given my options. However, that would mean bringing in a player that everybody's owned at some point this season - and one that I've never owned. So it would be going against a season long trend. It also wouldn't be quite as much fun.

I'll be captaining Aubameyang this gameweek too. So I'll be putting even more faith in Arsenal. Having played the full 90 minutes last night there's a reasonable chance he could be benched, but the attractiveness of the game, plus the potential differential gains is something that feels like a good punt.

Plus there are only two gameweeks left now. So why not :)

(click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment