Monday, May 13, 2019

GW38 Review

Really great final week. I think I got very lucky.

Gameweek Points: 85 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 133,265
Overall Rank: 30,785
(Last points of the season)

I'm over the moon with my final rank. 30,785 is superb. A huge improvements on last year's 109,229. I felt my rank last season was a little lucky too. I had no idea what I was doing and just enjoyed the benefit of captaining Salah for most of the season. This season I feel I earned my rank a bit more. Conversely I also went the whole season without Salah. Which didn't damage me too much. Though to be fair he once again finished the season with the highest points tally. So perhaps my decision not to own him has to go down as a bit of a mistake. Either way though very pleased!

Seems a little prosaic just going through who got me the points this week now. I should perhaps mention my transfers though as it was a tale of two extremes. Both being equally fortunate. Gündogan grabbed a goal and a few bonus points. Very nice. Shaqiri never even came on. So an awful decision. However, his absence meant that Glenn Murray came off the bench with six points. I never saw that one coming. Massive bonus.

Finally, Sokratis got a zero. So the decision to bring him in brought me just a single point over the two games 😅😅 Boly came in with a one point for me. Some poor judgement on my part. Though to be fair to him he was rested for the Europa League final. So no shame on his part. Great to see four English teams in the finals this year.

I'm going to do some further posts over the next week or so, crunching some numbers. Helping me to set up my stall for next year. Strangely I enjoy the maths, so it should be interesting. At least for me anyway 😄

Overall Points: 2,334
Overall Rank: 30,785

No comments:

Post a Comment