Monday, February 1, 2021

GW21 Review: Some Wilson Returns :D

Another good week. Another good rank rise.

Gameweek Points: 66
Gameweek Rank: 1,262,186
Overall Rank: 92,233

I think Callum Wilson made the difference this week. He's still highly owned (around 20%), but I get the impression that he's not so highly owned amongst players towards the top end of the game. So in some ways he's a very nice differential at the moment.

Almost everyone seems to have Bamford and Salah, so though those returns were great, they weren't quite as sweet. Especially as many will have captained Salah too.

It was a little disappointing that Mitchell didn't play. I made a mistake with that one. Struijk at £3.9m might have been a better move for that cheap bench spot. I'm now hoping Cancelo will start this week as with Taylor still flagged I could be benchless in regard defence once again.

I could make a move to shore things up I guess, but I really want to hold a transfer so I think I'll leave it.

I'm captaining Salah too. I feel like I'm playing catch up once again (giving it to Gündogan certainly didn't hit the mark this week). It is the sensible decision though, unless there's some news before the deadline.


Finally, I've now snuck into the top 100k. Ssshhh! don't tell anyone, they might kick me out again.

I'm really pleased about this. Normally I'm way further down the rankings at this point in the season. So I'm really enjoying things.

Since GW8 I've only had two red arrows, and one of those was just a 5k fall.

(click to enlarge)

It's hard to say how much of this is luck and how much is judgement. [I'm hoping it's not luck lol.]

I'm happy with my team too going forward. There's only really Grealish that I don't own that I'm really worried about not owning. With Spurs looking a bit flat I'm thinking Son to Grealish could be the way to go. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to remove Son just yet though. So I'll just cross my fingers whenever Villa play for the time being.

Overall Points: 1301
Overall Rank: 92,233

No comments:

Post a Comment