Friday, February 19, 2021

GW24 - late, late review

I've been a little snowed under this week, so I'm reviewing GW24 with GW25 already started.

Really I want to talk about that first. As I've just made a very late transfer (Soucek to Raphinha) ..and triple-captained Bamford. As I type kick off to that first Leeds match is just 40 minutes away.

Anyway, let's get the points for GW24 down;

Gameweek Points: 82
Gameweek Rank: 1,722,171
Overall Rank: 196,006

Another little rank drop. I'm falling away a little, so I really need to start hitting some form again.

The 82 points total was incredibly lucky really, with half of that coming from Gündogan. Having two Liverpool defenders hit me hard, though they both were a little unlucky on the attacking side of things I thought. Likewise being doubled up against City with Spurs didn't help. So definitely a lucky escape.

For this (now active) gameweek I'm set up like this.


[That big white Pac-Man powerpill style captaincy symbol always looks so nice.

..Robertson on the bench feels sacrilegious though.]

Also the doubles for next week have finally been announced. So I can go one step further and look at my GW26 side.


Injuries permitting I think I'm looking fairly solid, so I'll probably forego making a transfer and save it for GW29. It's slightly funny having Charlie Taylor in there without a flag - will he finally come good for me?  His games aren't great, but he has to stay surely. It's like with the Bamford triple captaincy this week. We need a bit of romance. They could be heroes.

I now need to get my arse in gear and hit 'publish' so I can sit down and enjoy the Leeds game.

(Hopefully).

Overall Points: 1504
Overall Rank: 196,006

No comments:

Post a Comment