Thursday, February 25, 2021

GW25 Review / GW26 Preview

Another average week, but a tiny green arrow. So at least it stops the rot.

Gameweek Points: 76
Gameweek Rank: 1,081,647
Overall Rank: 186,796

Robertson came off my bench to get another one-pointer. So again it's Liverpool and Spurs dragging me down.

The Bamford triple-captaincy didn't quite pay off, but given I was looking at a total blank after three halves of football I'm very happy to take the single goal that eventually came. The extra 8 points that came virtue of hitting the triple is probably what pushed me from a red to a green arrow, so it's certainly not worthless. It's just a case of how much I would've gained had I played it this week.

GW26

Moving on to gee-double-you twenty-six I'm actually not entirely sure who to go with for captain. Kane, Gündogan and Fernandes are all options for me. Currently it's on Fernandes, just because he feels the most trustworthy. Gündogan is tempting, but the rotation scares me. With Kane however I'm just not feeling it. In fact, I'm regretting doubling-up on Spurs at the moment, as it hasn't worked out so far and I've basically just played around with my team for nothing. Especially given that Grealish is now injured too.

It would probably make sense to transfer out Grealish for another double game player, but I think I'm just going to leave it. With him out it means I can start both Bamford and Raphinha this week, which I don't mind at all. Plus I think there's still a chance Grealish could be back soon. Maybe even for the Leeds game itself. So I'll keep him and just wait until we have more team news before I sort out who I bench.


I'm still focusing on GW29 too, so Grealish will hopefully come in handy there.

Overall Points: 1580
Overall Rank: 186,796

No comments:

Post a Comment