Saturday, March 13, 2021

GW27 Review

Very, very late review. Work meant I couldn't post yesterday, so here we are four games into GW28.

I made two transfers yesterday. It was going to be just the one, but the sheer abundance of red and yellow flags panicked me into shoring my bench up.

I did the planned; Robertson to Matt Targett
Then also; Charlie Taylor to Joël Veltman

In a way it's worked out rather fortunate, as with Bamford getting injured this morning it means I could well be down to 10 players for GW29. So I can take a (-4) this week to get Bale plus another.

My original plan was to take out Trent Alexander-Arnold rather than Taylor - to free up the cash for Bale - but the panicky Veltman transfer this week scuppered that. Though with Grealish and Struijk flagged before the deadline a (-4) this week was looking increasingly likely anyway.

Surprisingly Struijk played today, so that's one flag gone. It sounds like Grealish is pencilled in for a return against Spurs too. So it could be that Bamford is the biggest worry.

Anyway, let's look at last week's points tally.

Gameweek Points: 68
Gameweek Rank: 2,787,188
Overall Rank: 245,991

It was another red arrow. Albeit a small one.

I can't really have too many complaints, if anything I probably got a little lucky. I'm definitely starting to look forward to my wildcard in GW31 though. My current plan is to go super cheap at the back to beef up the attack and midfield. Though saying that, after Kane there aren't too many strikers I'm desperate to own.

I think I'll definitely be going heavy on midfield however. I quite like the idea of Gündogan, Son, Bale, Fernandes and De Bruyne. Plus Kane. Which I could just about do.

I'll probably have to have a good look at the fixtures first though before making any hard and fast plans.

So far GW28 isn't going brilliantly, so it may be desperate measures by then.

Overall Points: 1720
Overall Rank: 245,991

No comments:

Post a Comment