Monday, March 22, 2021

GW29 in the mirror

Well, I was feeling very smug on Saturday night. Returns from Bamford and Raphinha. Two clean sheets, plus an assist, from my two Brighton defenders. I wasn't quite so smug last night with Grealish, Bale and Son all not being involved ..but still, a very good gameweek for once.

Gameweek Points: 59 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 432,928
Overall Rank: 206,419

About a 40k rank jump. I put a lot of effort into this gameweek, so I'm pleased it went well. I'm now just about in with a shout of a top 100k finish.

I need to stop making mistakes though. Of which Bale could well be one. It was always a punt after the two Spurs defeats, but I hoped for at least a few minutes on the pitch. It's now no doubt highly unlikely he'll start the Newcastle game too - which looks like a really attractive fixture. Especially after how bad they were against Brighton. We can live and hope though.

My team's now set up fairly nicely for GW30, Bale aside. I'm considering bringing in Alonso for Dunk with my luxury free transfer. It's hard to tell who'll start at the back for Chelsea, but home to West Brom looks about as close as you can get to a nailed on clean sheet with the way Chelsea have been. So it might be a nice little dice roll.

International break breaking things up before then though. Meaning it's a good time to down tools and take a little breather.

Overall Points: 1823
Overall Rank: 206,419

No comments:

Post a Comment