Tuesday, March 16, 2021

GW28 Review

My run of average weeks continues..

Gameweek Points: 48
Gameweek Rank: 2,935,162
Overall Rank: 248,929

The Veltman transfer didn't quite help. It just blocked Struijk from coming off my bench with his 6 points lol.

The three bonus points from Trent Alexander-Arnold was very welcome though. His 9 last night really lifted my week from bad to average.

I'm still planning on a (-4) this week. Bale and Coufal being the two players I'll likely bring in. With Spurs being subpar at the weekend however I have felt tempted to just do the one. Maybe just Gündogan to Lookman or something like that.

Currently it's two though. That would give me 12 potential starters - 3 with flags (Son, Bamford and Grealish). I wouldn't actually be surprised to see all three figure this week. So I could end up with an unused bench player. I really want to have Bale for the Newcastle fixture in GW30 though, so currently a (-4) feels worth it.

Plenty of time to mull things over however.

Wildcard Watchlist

Anyway, enough of that. I feel like I've been talking about GW29 for half the season. Today I finally looked at the fixtures from GW31 onwards ..and I've compiled a little wildcard watchlist. (GW29 is already in the rear view mirror.)

Keepers

Mendy
Leno

Defenders

Azpilicueta
Digne
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Robertson
Dias
Wan-Bissaka
Shaw
Coufal
Cresswell
Jonny
Saïss

Midfielders

Salah
Jota
Gündogan
Foden
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Fernandes
Son
Bale
Soucek
Neto

Forwards

Calvert-Lewin
Richarlison
Iheanacho
Vardy
Kane
Antonio

I also made a few other little notes as I was compiling it.

random cheap Burnley defender
random Fulham defender (blank gw33 tho')
Ward-Prowse/Adams (only with an eye to Southampton double gw)

The Wolves fixtures through Gameweeks 31 to 35 look really nice. Liverpool's fixtures also look excellent. I'll be back to the dreaded three Liverpool by the looks of it.

[I've actually just done a first little draft. For some unknown reason I've found myself going five big at the back. So typical of my playing style 😅


Jota instead of a Liverpool defender (or indeed Salah) would change that quite rapidly. In fact, two Liverpool defenders seems insane given the season we've just watched. Still though, those Liverpool fixtures are just so tempting. Surely they'll string at least a couple of clean sheets together.

I've completely omitted Man City and Leeds with this team too. With City I think it's the rotation that puts me off - they are fighting on four fronts after all. With Leeds the fixtures improve towards the end of the season, so Bamford & Co could make a return.

Also I'd probably start with Vardy, then move to Kane, as Spurs blank in GW33. Though Spurs also have a game to rearrange, so that'll influence things as well.]

GW31 is still a good long way off however. Plus I still have my luxury transfer in GW30 to think about :)

Overall Points: 1768
Overall Rank: 248,929

No comments:

Post a Comment