Tuesday, May 18, 2021

..and into GW37

Well, well, well .. horrendous gameweek in GW36 😖😭😭

Gameweek Points: 29 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 6,054,162
Overall Rank: 156,935

Quite a sorry state. It's absolutely demolished my dreams of the top 100k.

Once again, going without Salah has proved to be a very, very costly mistake. In a gameweek like this, when he was the obvious captain, and stepped up with a goal and three bonus points only a fool could be without him.

My substitute of Digne clearly didn't quite work lol

Sheffield United getting a 1-0 win feeling somewhat typical. Though to be fair Everton have been awful at home this season, so perhaps I should've expected it, in spite of Sheff Utd's impressive lack of goals.

GW37

Anyhow, onwards and upwards into this gameweek. I've made a very late last minute transfer. Taking out Podence for Mahrez. Meaning Lingard is now relegated to my bench.


As I type we're about ten minutes away from the team reveal for Man City, so we'll see if it's been a worthwhile switch. In fairness it was a total spur of the moment punt. I need a player with a big ceiling if I'm to have any hope of turning things around, and Mahrez can be explosive -- when he actually plays a Premier League game. So I'm rolling the dice.

Once again Salah could punish me this week. So I'm hoping for a boring Burnley 0-0 in that one. I was tempted to start Phillips over Digne, but Digne again has that high potential. (No doubt Saïss will roll up with a big haul and remain snugly third-placed on my bench).

As GW37 is now active I can see my team for the final GW38. I currently have the captaincy on Bamford. It seems a nice touch. Though if I can come up with a decent gameweek this week I'll probably bottle this call and go with a more sensible choice.

No idea what my final transfer will be.

(Mahrez starts, and I actually have Ederson this week too :) )

Overall Points: 2257
Overall Rank: 156,935

No comments:

Post a Comment