Tuesday, December 14, 2021

GW16 Review - Threadbare Days

Average-ish week, slight red arrow. I'm actually fairly pleased with it overall, but with players like Gallagher and Maddison going off anyone owning them will have had the edge on me.

Gameweek Points: 65
Gameweek Rank: 2,592,880
Overall Rank: 365,496

I now have Cancelo and Ronaldo missing for this week (GW17), so things are looking a little threadbare. I'm still planning to bring in Bowen for Raphinha - I'll have to get a move on as the deadline is in a few hours. However, I'm wondering if that's the right move now given I'm going to have to start Romeu, with just Brownhill left in reserve on my bench.

I'm toying with the idea of switching Brownhill to Douglas Luiz. Villa look better with Gerrard in charge - at least from what I've seen so far; and the next few fixtures are nice. Particularly this week's against Norwich.

In fact, as I'm typing this I'm convincing myself more and more to go down this route. It would be nice to have a slightly stronger bench going forward too. Brownhill and Romeu aren't exactly exciting options.

Obviously this week's captain will be Salah, so at least that's sorted. I think I'll ponder my transfer for another half an hour or so then make up my mind. I need to go and get a shower before I leave the house, so hopefully that'll be good thinking time. I need to channel my inner Archimedes.

Overall Points: 994
Overall Rank: 365,496

No comments:

Post a Comment