Saturday, December 18, 2021

GW17 Review - Lucky Season Continues..

I got pretty lucky, but the luck only lifted me up to average.

Gameweek Points: 49
Gameweek Rank: 3,676,918
Overall Rank: 431,584

The games that were called off didn't affect me too badly, so it was fortunate. I dropped down the rankings a fair bit, but it could've been much worse. It really has been quite a lucky season for me so far. I deserve to be much lower really.

I've gotten lucky again with this gameweek's abandonments too - assuming there are no more that is. I should have a full eleven players out, and it's only cost me (-4). I've brought in Watkins and Gelhardt for Antonio and the injured Hwang.

I was just going to do Antonio to Watkins, but the option to get Gelhardt fell too nicely. He should definitely start this weekend with the injuries Leeds have, so assuming he gets at least 2 points for just playing the transfer will only cost me 2 points max. It also means I'll have a cheap bench striker instead of a cheap playing one going forward. Freeing up a bit of cash for elsewhere.

My forward spots really haven't been delivering for me, so it'll be good to go back to two up top long term. I'm a little worried about not owning Antonio, but he just hasn't been returning, in spite of West Ham's attacking flow this year. I watched the game against Arsenal and I never really felt he was gonna score. The West Ham fixtures do look nice though, so it's a hard call.

There are now a few players on my watchlist, but it's getting increasingly hard to plan ahead with the fixture carnage. Bowen and de Gea are currently my prime targets. I can upgrade Romeu to Bowen if I drop Mendy to de Gea, so I feel that would improve my team a fair bit. However, I don't have Jota, nor do I have a Man City attacker, so that's a concern. As is not owning Reece James.

Hopefully I can have a decent gameweek this week though, to put me in good stead as we head towards the new year.

Overall Points: 1043
Overall Rank: 431,584

No comments:

Post a Comment