Sunday, February 6, 2022

GW23 Review: Finally Over

Wow, that gameweek dragged ..and I had a decent week. I can't imagine what it must have been like for most other people.

Gameweek Points: 46
Gameweek Rank: 1,140,686
Overall Rank: 239,637

Obviously I'm feeling really smug because I brought Pope in on last week's wildcard. 19 points was extremely lucky, I would've been over the moon had I got just 8 or 9 from the two games. So I can't claim too much credit. Though saying that, had Konsa not been flagged I would've switched Emerson Royal to Digne and hit the bench boost - that would've grabbed me another 25 points. So in a way the luck equalled out.

I feel the wildcard in GW22 was a good move, and the bench boost plan; though it didn't quite come to pass (especially with the Villa double failing to materialise), was a fairly solid idea.

It's set me up fairly solid going forward too. I now have Sanchez in goal for Brighton's double in GW25. Another 19 points isn't likely, but the extra game is a nice little bonus.

My plans..

As things currently stand I've got a fairly good view of what I'm going to do going forward (though as ever: things are subject to change).

GW24: Bring in Laporte for Emerson Royal; captain Cancelo.

GW25: Bring in Maupay for Dennis; captain Ronaldo.

GW26: Bring back Dennis (or some other forward with a GW26 double) along with Salah, taking out Jota and Ronaldo. Triple captain Salah.

GW27: Salah to Fernandes. No Free Hit - I should have 12 players fingers-crossed.

GW28: Salah back.

GW29: (no idea).

GW30: Free Hit.


No doubt further announcements about rearranged fixtures will jazz all this up a bit. However, even so, I think I'm happy just to roll with things now. You can't have the perfect team every week. Hopefully I should have a fairly decent double GW26 team - three Liverpool players with doubles, along with Pope, Dennis (?) and Raphinha. So that's fairly settled.

Likewise I'll almost certainly be free hitting in GW30. So that makes planning a little more easier too.

Lord knows when I'll actually use the bench boost though.

Overall Points: 1371
Overall Rank: 239,637

No comments:

Post a Comment