Friday, February 25, 2022

GW26: Lucky Season: Part Whatever

In the end I brought Salah in and triple-captained him. Had Jota remained fit it's quite likely I'd have just left things as is and went with Trent. So once again I've had a huge amount of luck. I'm not complaining :)

Gameweek Points: 146 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 205,868
Overall Rank: 147,540

My rank's beginning to look a lot more healthy too. The top 100k now just about within reach.

Next up is GW27. This is how I'm looking:


Once again my original plan was to just leave things as is, and hope for the best. I'm half-planning on bench boosting in GW28, so saving a transfer would be very handy. However, with Spurs playing Leeds I think I'm going to have to do Salah to Son. Leeds are conceding so many I really can't go without.

I'll also probably captain him. I've been lucky enough with Pope, so I don't want to push it any further. In fact, I've had 47 points from my keepers since I wildcarded in GW22. So that's paid off very nicely.

GW22: Sánchez 4
GW23: Pope 19
GW24: Pope 3
GW25: Sánchez 8
GW26: Pope 13

Average: 9.4

Anyway, with so many people free hitting this week it could be a difficult one for me. Especially if I end up with less than 11 players on the pitch. In fact, this is the issue facing me in GW28 too. If I use that week's free to do Pogba to Coutinho (who has a double of Southampton and Leeds) then I'll be set up perfectly for a bench boost. However, with two of those players being Cancelo and Laporte there's always the very real danger of rotation. Making the bench boost somewhat redundant.

Ideally Laporte to a double gameweek player would give a little security, but would that really be worth a minus 4 ? Doubtful. So I might just hit the bench boost and hope it really is my lucky season.

There's still GW27 before then though. So I better check the team news, then get Son in my side.

Overall Points: 1654
Overall Rank: 147,540

No comments:

Post a Comment