Tuesday, May 3, 2022

GW35: Most Definitely On The Slide Now

My season's quickly running out of steam. I'd like to think a few big weeks could turn it round, but with others still having chips to use I'm not too optimistic. Hanging on to a top 100k finish is now the aim.

Gameweek Points: 37
Gameweek Rank: 6,168,610
Overall Rank: 84,443

My Chelsea and Aston Villa players have been especially underwhelming. It's too late to make major changes though, so it's now just a case of trying to tweak the team in the hope of eking out a few more points.

With this in mind I'm planning on bringing in Ederson this week. I already have ten outfield players with double-games, so adding a goalkeeper with a double should be an upgrade.


It does mean though that I'll have to use both my free transfers to find the extra cash (I'm going to upgrade Sanchez, to keep Pope for his double in GW37). I'll be downgrading Maupay - probably to Joe Gelhardt - to get the cash. Though with Maupay getting almost as much game-time as Gelhardt these days it hardly feels like a downgrade.

It's also possible I could just bring in Schmeichel instead of Ederson - he does after all have two doubles, meaning I could switch him in for Pope. That would free up some cash and save a transfer, so perhaps that would be a smarter move. I'd much prefer two City games then two Burnley ones to four Leicester ones though.

GW37

I was looking forward to GW37. With three Villa players I was looking at three potential double-game players to join Pope in goal. However, with both Luiz and Konsa returning to the bench this week that's really thrown a spanner in the works. So I definitely need to rethink things.

I think I'll map out my team for GW37, see how bad it looks, then decide my course of action.

Overall Points: 2263
Overall Rank: 84,443

No comments:

Post a Comment