Friday, September 21, 2018

Fantasy Premier League: Friday Preview - Gameweek 6

Last week I finished up with 88 points, which was my highest tally so far. With so many people now wildcarding and dropping Salah this looks like it could be another fascinating week, so I'll quickly get started.

With Crystal Palace playing Newcastle I have the difficult decision of choosing which side to back. I've decided to go with Palace, simply due to the fact that they're at home. So I have Hennessey in goal, and Tomkins in defence. Accompanied by Alonso, Robertson and my new introduction Sokratis. Dubravka and Yedlin will have to settle for a place on the bench.

(Hennessy in goal, with Robertson, Sokratis, Alonso
and Tomkins - click to enlarge)

Moving into midfield it's the same three as last week, with Hazard as captain once again - seeing him rested last night in their Europa League match was something of a bonus too :D

(David Silva, Lucas Moura and Eden Hazard)

My attack is likewise the same. The one-eyed god Firmino looks to be in great form, so I'll be hoping he starts against Southampton. Aguero looks good to start as well as he started on the bench in their awful midweek Champions League game against Lyon.

(Deeney, Firmino and Aguero)

Sadly it could be Deeney's last game for me, as if Giroud starts for Chelsea I'll be almost certain to bring him in - £7.8m for a Chelsea striker who looks set to be first choice looks great value. So I'll be keeping an eye on the Chelsea teamsheet on Sunday.

..And finally my bench;

(Dubravka, Yedlin, Guendouzi and Stephens)

In a way bringing Giroud in will scupper my original plans to use the money I'd saved bringing in Deeney and Sokratis to upgrade one of my bench midfielders. So this area remains a real weakness in my team. It would be nice to have the option of four decent midfielders, but so far I haven't discovered a way to fix this problem, and the Giroud option looks too tempting to ignore if he does start.

My final line-up for GW6;

(Gameweek 6 teamsheeet
- click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment