Sunday, September 23, 2018

Fantasy Premier League: GW6 Review

A bit of a bad week this time out. I'll have to deactivate last week's smugness somewhat. Could have been much worse though.

Gameweek Points: 50
Gameweek Rank: 3,295,212
Overall Rank: 65,305

(Click to enlarge)

So first up, my big mistake. The gameweek average was 52 points so I've gotten off the hook a little bit. However, my decision to bring in Sokratis has cost me big time. He picked up a yellow card and then went off injured after 38 minutes. Leaving a huge zero in the middle of my defence. Plus another headache going forward.

It was a gamble to bring him in in the first place really. Especially given Arsenal's prior defensive record. I think I was trying to be a little too clever. Saying that though Arsenal did manage to keep a clean sheet (somewhat luckily).

The rest of my defence did fairly nicely, and this was my saving grace. The Crystal Palace/Newcastle goalless draw meant that both my keepers got top marks. Hennessy 8 points and Dubravka a huge 10. I went with Hennessey so missed out on the extra 2, but I'm pretty pleased nonetheless. Yedlin and Tomkins likewise benefited from the Palace draw. On top of this Alonso and Robertson both got clean sheet points too. ..Plus Robertson's trademark bonus point.

Hazard failed to deliver for the first time this season, which was disappointing. However, you can't get points every week, and I've been very fortunate with his points scoring so far this season. Moura just got me a 3, Aguero 6 and Deeney and Firmino just 2 points a piece.

Possible Transfers

I've decided to go against bringing Giroud in. I don't think he'll get enough minutes for the price sadly. It was a tempting idea while it lasted though. I've now decided to return to my original plan of upgrading my midfield. I think I'll upgrade one of my £4.5m midfielders to Gundogan this week. Though I think I'll wait til Friday to make the final decision. Going forward I'm looking at Shaqiri as well, though he burned me earlier in the season. I really have my fingers crossed that he pins down that "Coutinho" spot in midfield. Arsenal's Torreira also looks like a decent option for cheaper 5th midfielder.

(Shaqiri - the new Coutinho?)

Top 5 Players I Don't Own That I Fear

1. Salah
2. Kane
3. Sterling
4. Lukaku
5. Mitrovic

I'm putting Salah back in top fear position. He looked much better going by the highlights yesterday, plus he notched a goal. Kane got bonus points plus a goal. Sterling got an assist. Lukaku slips down a bit and Mitrovic scored again - so he really is looking dangerous. I was a little sceptical that he'd provide long term value, but I'm starting to feel like I'm really missing out by not having him.

..A little short and sweet this week, but I plan to do some thinking before my GW7 Preview. So I'll probably have a lot more to say then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment