Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 9 Review

Halloween came early for me in GW9. Terrifyingly bad week. 23 points, multiple injuries, massive drop in the overall rankings. Absolute horror show (!) ..

Gameweek Points: 23
Gameweek Rank: 5,616,588
Overall Rank: 233,338

(click to enlarge)

So what went wrong and what went right?

The Wrongs :(
  • Gündogan injured
  • Deeney injured
  • Sokratis injured
  • Firmino benched
  • Harard - captained, blanked, yellow-carded
  • Sterling benched

The Rights :)
  • Andy Robertson

Oh, and Wolves didn't keep a clean sheet, which saved me from losing even more ground.

(Halloween Horror Show - GW9: just 23 points)

Not sure where to start going forward. I'm tempted to take a hit, but I don't want to go into panic mode. I do have a plan going forward, which is similar to last week's, but slightly amended. The Deeney injury has given me a chance for some reflection, which is probably a minor silver lining.

So my plan now is to downgrade my third striker and go with five "top six" defenders at the back. Essentially a permanent 5-3-2, with three cheap, but hopefully playing substitutes. I'm going to need quite a few transfers to get this plan in action though, so I could really do with not picking up any more injuries in the weeks ahead.


The Top Five Players I Don't Own That I Fear

1. Agüero

Not having Agüero punished me this week, so if this continues I'm going to be screwed. So big fear here.

2. Aubameyang

Aubameyang is looking awesome at the moment. Even just off the bench. I envy anyone who has him at the moment as it's a gamble that's paying off massively. I actually have a plan to bring in either Aubameyang or Agüero at some point in the future - once I get my other transfers sorted out - and I think I'd actually go with Aubameyang if I was doing it now.

3. Trippier

Spurs are starting to keep clean sheets ..and I have no Spurs defenders! Trippier seems to be playing week in, week out too. He may be a little bit too expensive for me now though :( and there doesn't seem to be an obvious Spurs alternative.

4. Salah

Salah's back in the list. Personally I don't think he performed that well at the weekend. His finish was superb though, and I was slightly concerned watching him play without having him in my side.

5. Özil

Surprise entry this week. I'm a huge fan of Özil, just in pure footballing terms. So I'm always tempted to have him in my side simply because of that. However, whenever I've had him he's done absolutely nothing, and I'm always left with the feeling that I'm choosing him because I like the way he plays the game, and not specifically for FPL reasons. Plus he's quite an expensive player to have when he's not clocking up points.

Watching the Arsenal goals from last night though he looks in absolute top form. I really hope he goes on to have an excellent season, as technically he's an absolute maestro - and a joy to watch when he's on his game. With Lacazette and Aubameyang to provide service for it could be the perfect formula. I think I'll wait a little bit before I consider him for FPL though.

My Overall Points: 534
My Overall Rank: 233,338

No comments:

Post a Comment