Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 7 Review

Another sub-par week. I'm starting to struggle now. This gameweek was my worst so far, clocking in at just 44 points - 7 below the gameweek average of 51. I now seem to be in free fall after what was looking like a very nice start.

Gameweek Points: 44
Gameweek Rank: 3,974,452
Overall Rank: 137,714

(click to enlarge)

First up, the players that did well for me - which should be pretty quick as there were only two, Aguero and Hazard. Fortunately my captain choice payed off as Hazard scored 10 points vs Aguero's 8. So that was a huge bonus this week.

As for everyone else, well, it was pretty woeful. Sokratis was the stand out villain as he remained on the sidelines. So I missed out on Arsenal's second clean sheet in a row. I'll have to keep him for the time being, but I have very low expectations that he'll ever deliver for me. My plans going forward now though are quite interesting. As it stands I have two options I'm looking at.

Option 1:

Bring in Son (or another Spurs player) for their attractive looking fixture against Cardiff this week.

Option 2:

Switch Aguero for Lacazette this week, then bring Sterling into midfield next.

I really like the second option. Sterling is starting to look like a huge asset, and I very much like the idea of a Sterling/Hazard midfield. That looks like it could be the key to a great season. The £11m price tag initially looked too expensive for my tastes, but now Sterling is starting to look like Aguero, but with 5 points a goal instead of 4. So "option 2" looks like the best option as it stands. Although it does seem like a no-brainer to bring in a Spurs player this week. Either way I'll wait til Friday to decide.

The Top Five Players I Don't Own That I Fear

1. Sterling
2. Kane
3. Trippier
4. Lacazette
5. Salah

My Overall Points: 444
My Overall Rank: 137,714

No comments:

Post a Comment