Friday, October 19, 2018

FPL Friday Preview: GW9

A few yellow flags next to players might make this week a little difficult for me. Gundogan looks set to miss out for Man City, and Sokratis (as per usual) looks likely to miss out for Arsenal. The signing of Sokratis has been a huge disaster for me, so hopefully I'll be able to axe him with next week's free transfer. Maybe by doing just a straight swap for Liverpool's Gomez.

(click to enlarge)

My team's actually looking quite different from the general "template team" that people commonly have at the moment. So there are quite a few differentials in there. Which I guess means this week could either go really well or really badly for me.

  • Tomkins looks set for another price drop over the next few days which will take him down to £4.3m. Everyone, quite sensibly, now has Wan-Bissaka, so a goal from Tomkins would be great for me.
  • With Yedlin and Dubravka in for Newcastle's home game against Brighton a clean sheet would be nice there too. Though two Newcastle players is a pretty big risk at the moment.
  • In a way Deeney could be my big weapon this weekend, as a goal, or even an assist, would not only gain me points, but also puncture the Wolves clean sheet balloon. Ruining the gameweek of anyone with one or two Wolves options at the back. I've really missed out by not having any of the Wolves back line in my team, so this would be pretty sweet. Likewise, Deeney has done nothing so far for me since I brought him in so I really feel like he's due a goal.
  • People have also been dropping Lucas Moura like a stone. It's probably quite a sensible decision as there do seem to be better options out there at the moment. However, if he starts again for Spurs I'm more than happy to have him in there, and hopeful, if not confident, that he could grab something.

My main concern though is simply having eleven players starting on the pitch, so anything after that will be something of a bonus.

As for captain I'm sticking with Hazard again. It could be a tricky tie against Man Utd, especially if they try to man-mark him. However, he's still a great option. It's also my second game this season without Aguero - and the first where Aguero has a very attractive looking home game - so this could be a big factor in how well I do this week. In many ways I can only really judge Hazard relative to Aguero, so if he blanks in the early opening game tomorrow it'll be a very uncomfortable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment