Friday, October 5, 2018

FPL: Friday Preview - GW8

So I've brought in Lacazette for Aguero, which means with next week's transfer I can bring in Sterling for David Silva. I think I'll make this transfer as soon as Gameweek Nine officially begins as I literally have just enough money in the bank to make the transfer. A £0.1m price swing will completely scupper my plans.

It's a little risky, and perhaps a little silly to make the transfer so soon, what with Sterling still having his GW8 game to play, and then potentially two England games. However, if I don't make it I'll end up spending the entire international break checking the potential price changes. So I'd rather just take the risk and then sit back and enjoy the weekend's games. Plus Sterling is a player that I'm bringing in for the long term, so if I can make sure to get him in without taking a hit then I'm happy to take the risk.

(My transfers for gameweeks 8 and 9)

As for my GW8 team I'm a little bit worried that I may end up with fewer than eleven players on the field. It looks like Gundogan will be out for Man City. Then on top of this both Sokratis and Guendouzi played in last night's Europa League game for Arsenal. They both played the 90 minutes - and both scored! o_O

So it's possible neither could start in Sunday's game. Guendouzi hasn't been getting game time in the Premier League recently anyway, so he's pretty much nailed on for a place on the bench. In fact, both players have scored me precisely zero points in the last two gameweeks :(

So if those three don't play I'm going to have to just have my fingers crossed that all my other outfield players start their respective games.

So this is my line-up;

(click to enlarge)

For the captaincy I'm just sticking with Hazard. Quite an easy decision given my options. Lucas Moura is slightly tempting with Spurs playing Cardiff at home, but I think I'll resist that temptation and just go with the safe option. If Moura takes points away form Kane this weekend it'll just be a huge bonus anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment