Friday, January 11, 2019

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 22 Preview

I'll get my team for GW22 shot out pretty quickly in this post, as it's more or less identical to the team I fielded last time out. Just this time with Sterling captain.

(Line-up for GW22 - click to enlarge)

Oh, and my bench.


If Utd beat Spurs I could be a bit screwed this week. It'll be especially galling if they keep a clean sheet and I have Shaw sat on my bench, as per last week. I'm feeling fairly confident though.


Judgement Time

I'm actually looking forward to this gameweek as I'm hoping it'll answer some big questions I have. The two games in particular I'm looking at are;

Spurs v Man Utd
&
Brighton v Liverpool

The Spurs/Utd game will help me decide who to replace Son with - Pogba or a Spurs option (or perhaps neither). It'll also help me decide whether I want to keep going with two Spurs defenders. Which is my current plan (their fixtures are superb after this week).

If Utd beat Spurs it'll really cement the idea that Solskjær has turned the team around. If they lose it'll dampen the spirits a little, and it'll make me a little more weary of bringing more Utd players in. So it's a really big test for both teams. I'm hoping and expecting that Spurs will roll them over, but with the new lease of life Utd seem to have I'm really not certain about this. So a fascinating game 😃

The Brighton/Liverpool game isn't quite as exciting, but it's a huge test of character for Liverpool after their defeat to Man City. I have a feeling that they may struggle to break Brighton down. If that happens I'll feel confident just keeping Robertson going forward as my single Liverpool asset.

However, if Liverpool turn on the style that'll definitely change things. Alexander-Arnold will become a tempting option to double-up in defence - especially if my Spurs defenders don't shine against Utd. I'll also have to start seriously considering Salah for the first time this season.

A Spurs win and a Liverpool nil-nil would be perfect for me this week. If not the 2 free transfers I'll have will be put to good use before the start of GW23.

No comments:

Post a Comment