Monday, January 28, 2019

FPL: GW24 Preview.

Really excited about these upcoming games. Both the GW24 games and the now double gameweek of GW25. My team for GW24 is pretty straight forward. With no changes since last week.

(Starting line-up for GW24
- click to enlarge)

(...and my bench for GW24)

My original plan was to use my free transfer to switch Guaita out for Button, but with Australia's early exit from the Asian Cup, and therefore Brighton's first choice keeper Ryan returning, it means that's a none-starter. Plus with the upcoming double gameweek, and the blank in GW27 it seems worthwhile holding fire. *

Having Dubravka in goal against Man City doesn't feel like a great idea. So in a way I feel like I'm going into this week with only ten players. Plus a clean sheet for him would mean a blank for both Sterling and Sané. Which wouldn't be great.

I'm captaining Hazard against Bournemouth though. Seeing Higuain arrive and Morata leave is quite an exciting prospect for Hazard I think. Plus Bournemouth play football so it should be a nice open game. On top of this Chelsea should be bouncing following their two cup game wins. So I have high hopes :)

Going forward..

As for my plans going forward they're quite bold at the moment. I'm planning on triple captaining Sterling for City's double against Arsenal and Everton. It feels like a little bit of a gamble with the dangers of rotation, but the injuries Arsenal now have at the back makes it look too tempting to resist. So hopefully that'll go well.

I'm also considering bringing in Danilo to triple up on City players. However, there would also be a huge risk of rotation there too. Plus, now I have the blanks in GW27 to worry about, I'll have to start removing players with those games in mind. With Chelsea and Man City both not playing that week it means as it stands I would have four players absent - SterlingSané, Hazard and Luiz.

I'm planning on keeping Hazard and Sterling, and just benching them for the gameweek. So it means losing Sané and Luiz over the next few weeks. Consequently to bring in Danilo it would mean taking out Luiz, but they have a great game at home to Huddersfield. So it's..

Danilo - with two possible starts for City in decent-ish games
vs
Luiz - with one almost certain start in a very nice tie

Then both City and Chelsea face up against each other in GW26 - so I'd rather have neither for that one.

My current plan is:

GW25: Luiz out, Danilo in

GW26: Danilo back out, Kolasinac in + Sané out, Mané in

GW27: Mané back out, Son in

Quite a faff about. However, Liverpool are at home in GW26 to Bournemouth, which is a great tie. Then Spurs play Burnley while Liverpool play Man Utd in GW27. I'd prefer Son for that game as he'd potentially be my only decent captain option. Plus I don't quite fancy Mané up against Ashley Young in the United game.

I'm still without Salah as it stands too, and don't plan on changing that before GW27. However, now I've changed my plan regarding chips I think it would probably be wise to try to get him in before the blanks in GW31 and GW33, where Liverpool are certain to play.

So, now I'm using the triple captain in GW25 it means I'll be using my free hit in the double gameweek of GW32. Then wildcarding in GW34 to bench boost in GW35.

Exciting times.

* NOTE: Both Hennessey and Guaita are now said to be fit again, so one of two is likely to start against Southampton. It'd be a huge bonus for me if Guaita gets the jersey!  - I've changed my starting line-up accordingly :D

No comments:

Post a Comment