Monday, January 21, 2019

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 23 Review

Over the moon with this week. 69 points ..without Salah. I thought I was heading for a huge rank drop on Saturday. Watching everyone else with Salah 30 written slap bang in the middle of their team sheet made me fear for the worst. However, Sterling and SanĂ© came to the rescue on the Sunday, keeping me within touching distance of the rest of the pack.

Gameweek Points: 69 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 975,723
Overall Rank: 212,165
(click to enlarge)

All three of my transfers paid off this week too. I was a little worried about taking a minus 4, but it turned out well. Pogba and Rashford got 8 points apiece, and SanĂ© came in with 12. So quite lucky really.

Going forward I'm starting to think about blank and double gameweeks. It's a little bit new to me, so I'll probably amend my strategy as I watch what other people are doing. Last year I had no idea about things like double gameweeks. Consequently I wasted my freehit and bench boost in the first half of the season, mainly out of sheer boredom. I then sat back and watched as a few people in my mini league craftily pulled out their chips to maximum effect in second half of the season.

Fortunately I had at least kept my triple captain. So I did at least get to experience the thrill of triple-captaining someone in a double gameweek. This will be the first season though where I have all three chips to use, plus a wildcard. So I'm really not entirely sure what to do.

The blank game weeks are in GW27, GW31 and GW33. With the doubles supposedly GW32 and GW35 ..but don't quote me on any of this. I'm literally just copying what everyone else is saying.

The blank in GW27 is due to the EFL Cup Final.

The blank in GW31 due to the FA Cup quarter-finals.

And the blank in GW33 due to the FA Cup semis.

My loose plan at the moment is to use my freehit in GW31. My triple captain in GW32. Then my wildcard in GW34, to set my team up for a bench boost in GW35. Again though, I'll wait and see what others are doing before I start seriously planning.

I'm even holding my free transfer at the moment - that's how sensible I'm being. I did want to bring in Button for Guaita, so I could bench Dubravka for Newcastle's next few difficult fixtures. However, I'm not sure about that one now, so I think I'll wait and see how the cup games pan out before I make any decisions. As it might be wiser to save a transfer so I can bring another player in for the blanks in GW27. I'm not hopeful that Dubravka will get too many points against Man City and Spurs, but at least he'll be playing.

Also, returning to the start of the article. I'm going to continue to go without Salah. I survived this week ..just about. So maybe it won't be too bad. Either way it's a nice little experiment. Plus I actually quite like my team how it is at the moment, minus a few minor tweaks. So it could be that my entire season now depends on how good Salah does or doesn't do going forward. Scary.

It does mean I don't have to have the shame that comes with having such a blatant diver in my side though ;) ...how can anyone look themselves in the mirror every morning knowing that they're captaining the Egyptian Klinsmann?

Overall Points: 1,343
Overall Rank: 212,165

No comments:

Post a Comment