Monday, January 7, 2019

FPL: GW21 Review

I had a really great week in GW21. The only two minuses being that my captain blanked, and that I made what proved to be a minor error in hindsight.

Gameweek Points: 65
Gameweek Rank: 1,142,100
Overall Rank: 161,579
(click to enlarge)

First up the two minuses. Hazard just got 3 points for his performance, giving me a mighty 6 for my captain. Then the minor error was that I benched Luke Shaw and brought my new signing Lucas Torreira in, costing me 4 points. Had I not even made the transfer I'd be sitting on 69 points now. Also Torreira, in typical new transfer fashion, started his respective game on the bench. However, it wasn't a truly terrible decision as Arsenal clocked up 4 goals against Fulham, so playing Torreira was really quite a decent punt.

Other than that though it was mainly all positive.

  • Clean sheets for Alderweireld and Trippier
  • Clean sheet for Luiz
  • Clean sheet for Guaita - the other player I brought in last week
  • Assists for both Robertson and Sterling in that huge Man City/Liverpool clash
  • 13 points for Son
  • 9 points for Aubameyang

Really cannot complain at all. Though saying that, I've had a string of solid weeks, but I really could do with having a big week soon. Otherwise I'm going to struggle to climb much higher in the rankings.

I was complaining a tiny bit before the New Year's games about the hectic frequency, but I'm already getting bored before the FA Cup games have even finished. That's in spite of the fact that Middlesbrough won their third round tie 5-0 against Peterborough. I probably saw more goals yesterday at the Riverside than I've seen all season.

Speaking of cup ties, I actually won my FPL one yet again. My incredibly consistent, but average performances serving me well :)

I'm really chomping at the bit for GW22 now though. Probably why I'm sat writing this whilst eating pizza at one o'clock in the morning. I really should've waited a bit though. It's a little hard to write a preview when there's still five days of potential team news in the way. Plus, as things stand, I'm sticking with pretty much the exact same team for this week. No transfer plans as of yet ..or injuries fortunately 😃

I am a little bit worried that I'm overexposed this week in the Spurs v Man Utd game though. I have three Spurs players plus Shaw on the bench. A Spurs clean sheet would be beautiful, but on that big Wembley pitch I can imagine a few chances. Hopefully Solskjær will slip up for the first time though 😈

The idea of transferring out one of my Spurs players is tempting, but their games look great after this week so that probably won't be happening. Another option is to bench one this week and bring Guendouzi into my starting line up alongside Torreira and Aubameyang. He's not a great option, but I really fancy a few goals in that West Ham v Arsenal tie.

Whatever the case I'll have a think then post a mini preview later in the week.

Overall Points: 1,233
Overall Rank: 161,579

No comments:

Post a Comment